Monday, July 2, 2012

She is clothed with strength and dignity.

I just finished reading "So long, Insecurity" by Beth Moore. I had never read anything by her before and I went in expecting great things from it. What I didn't expect was for the Lord to reveal almost a half a journal's worth of insight. But He DID. And man am I thankful.
Let me start off by saying that I am loving being at a point in my relationship with Christ where He can nit pick at the details of my life. He is showing me so many little things that have such great impact on my life and circle of influence.
"I am the true Vine, and my Father is the Vine Dresser. Every branch of mine that does not bear fruit He takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit."
 ~John 15:1-2
When we bear fruit, Christ is glorified. When he removes strongholds or sin patterns from our lives, we are able to bear even more fruit. That part of us is now free and surrendered to Christ, and there is room to bear more fruit. Praise the Lord that He is pruning me into who He's called me to be!
Now that that little rabbit trail's done...
I did not realize how many decisions I've made, foolish actions I've performed or even relationships I've entered into were because of my insecurity. It is the root of so many things that I regret, and at the very bottom of all of my greatest fears. Through this book I have had so many "aha!" moments where I realize why I did this or that and why I seek out this and that. I have had so many tearful, joyous conversations with sweet friends throughout this book where I get to go, "Oh my gosh! I had no idea! How cool is this?!" Blessed, ya'll. So so blessed.
When we act out of insecurity, a lot of time we lose our dignity. We feel weak.
Proverbs 31:25 (the theme verse for this book) says that we are clothed with strength and dignity and have no fear of the future. The Lord your God has clothed you with strength and dignity, without any fear of the future. No one can take what the Lord has granted. He has clothed you. Walk in that.
I wish I could share every single one of my sweet revelations but let's face it: Ya'll would stop reading after the 10th page. So I'll close with the most recent one.
At the end of the book, Beth Moore shares that every insecurity is a fear. During her prayer time, she felt led to share every one of her greatest fears with the Lord. Then He said, "Okay. So let's say that happens." What would happen if my greatest fears became realities? The same thing that happens every single time I've walked through a valley. I hurt, I cry, I figure out a way to deal with it, and eventually, by the grace of God, I heal. And no matter what, God is still God at the end of it. 
"We agonize over how we'll possibly make it, yet all the while we can glance over our shoulders and see where God has carried us." ~Beth Moore.
We tend to trust God if x and y happen. Not trust Him period. I love this quote from Louie Giglio, "Believe that God is working for your good and His glory." Trust Him. Period. Trust Him, even if all of your worst fears become realities.  Don't all of your fears seem absolutely ridiculous now? Mine do. Because at the end of it all, God is God and He is good.

Proverbs 31:25
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
and laughs without any fear of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment