These last few weeks have been a struggle for me. I've felt like I was on auto-pilot. Just trying to get through each day until the semester was over and focus on what's next. Complacency and apathy began to take root in my heart and mind. I began to focus more on what I was doing rather than what the Lord desired for me in each moment.
"Her goal in life had somehow gone from loving God to trying to make Him proud of her." ~Robin Gunn
I read this quote in a novel today and BAM! God put in me in my place. It was as if He wrapped His arms around me and said, "Look. That's your problem. Right there. Quit focusing on what YOU can do and focus on ME. I am ALL you need." Mmm. He is so unbelievably good to me! I don't even know what my problem is, and He is faithful enough to point it out to me and bring me to a place of breathtaking peace. His ways are higher. His will is greater. Bottom line: He is better!
Please take the time to listen to this song, the truth of these lyrics has been resounding in my heart and mind for the last week or so and today, I am clinging to these words. Sit back and let the truth wash over you. He is all you need!
No comments:
Post a Comment