Friday, August 26, 2011

The Lord spoils me with His love.

Welp. Today marks 2 weeks that I've been living in Dallas. One week full of camp-like activities and this one filled with first classes, new Professors, new spiritual revelations, and both full of new friends. I can't tell you how blessed I am to be here at DBU. The Lord is EVERYWHERE here. His hand is all over this campus. Professors who pray for me BY NAME and ask me for prayer requests at the beginning of class? You've got to be kidding, right? Nope. It's a reality here at good 'ole DBU. And I LOVE it.
A couple of days ago I got an e-mail from a Professor in the Education department. She told me how at the beginning of the summer she picked a bracelet with my name on it from a pile of all the incoming freshmen's names and has been wearing it on her wrist and praying for me every day since then. Talk about humbling! Seriously. The Lord has definitely gone before me here. He's proven His faithfulness to me over and over again and I already feel as if I've grown and matured in my relationship with Him in just 2 short weeks. He is blowing my mind with the things I'm being challenged with.
Please continue to pray that the Lord would lead me to my new church home quickly and for an upper classmen mentor for me. I've got so many stories I want to share that I just can't pick - so I'm sure I'll be blogging again soon. Until then....
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIm, and He will make straight your paths." ~Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome! I am so glad you are at DBU! :) You are such a blessing...and it's only been a week!

    xoxo,
    ash

    ReplyDelete